Tuesday 19 April 2011

Workshop, Magazine Layout, Vibrations

Vibrations.

Once again I find myself looking at the Workshop Design website,
Whom consists of graduate students from my course.
I simple continue to look at the site cause it is full of work I like to look into myself.

Here I am looking at a few magazine designs the guys done named 'Vibrations'
I guess it is a weekly/monthly edition magazine cause I have two sets of images I got from their website, and I own a copy back here at home, that I will be photographing.


December Issue;

What instantly drawn me towards looking at the magazine was the layout of the cover.
Some designers often go mad and try and fill a magazine cover corner to corner,
But personally I prefer the simplicity, like this edition for example.
Just limited text along with and image and also the use of photography.
Less is more, and just looks more appealing.



When I flicked through the issue I own, March Issue, I noticed the strict limited colour pallet,
During this editing the colours where black, white and a light shade of blue.



There is a great use of photography, which is something I personally really like to see.
and the images are either being shown in black and white or over shade of light blue.





Throughout the magazine the images take all different shapes and sizes,
with text over laying some of the image but still legible.





October Issue;

Once again they have gone for a simplified cover,
Black text on white with photograph.


With this issue the designers have gone foe a Black, White and Purple colour pallet throughout the entire magazine.



Keeping a continuous layout throughout the issues.
Same style of design but not decoys. Images and text displayed in different positions.



Throughout the magazines they also keep the same typefaces.
Which is a good thing to have keeping the same typefaces and layout design.





http://www.thisisworkshop.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment