Monday 18 April 2011

End of Year Show Competition.

So the End of Year Show is upon us,
and I thought I would put together some End of Year designs for the competition.
But before I start I thought it would make perfect sense to check out some of the past designs.

Kyle Bibby, is a graduate from the course I attend, and he won this very competition.
I was browsing his website, http://www.kylebibby.co.uk/
to see if I could find any of the stuff he done for the event, and luckily I found images of all the designs he had done for the event.

Kyle Bibby's, Blood, Sweat & Tears;

Starting with his poster, I like how he has combined both Type and Image,
Some thing I have found my self doing often enough on this course, and a combination that really fascinates me, if it is done to a good standard,
I am a real fan of the design for the poster of the End of Year Show 2008.


As part of the brief we had to put together a Poster, Flyer and a Personal Invitation.
Below is the leaflet Kyle put together for the show,
Of course it is the same design through out so they all work as a set, but the cover for the leaflet is different to the poster, same type face, layout and idea, just positioned differently and different composition.


This idea really interested me.
Different variations of stationary, but it was more the layout that interested me,
once again mixing type and image, and having a nice simple but effective layout and keeping it to a minimum, not filling the page with nonsense.


This was a advertisement for the show.
Once again sticking to the set designs, this is very similar to the poster, but bringing in more of a image, and getting the Type & Image factor again.


Aswell as posters, flyers and leaflets,
He also had a large scale sticker made, to be fitted in the window panels of the College entrance.


& As well, a large scale banner made and put up outside the college car park.


What I really like about these designs are, he has stuck to a black, white, red and pale grey colour scheme,
used the broken red pencil for each of his designs, but used them all in a different way, none of them are exact as each other, but you can see they are design to be a set.

Some really great design work put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment